Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and black Friday.    We had a very blessed Thanksgiving Day with lots of delicious food and family time.  I have so much to thank God for, not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day! 

Thanksgiving night my mom and I geared up for a little black Friday shopping.  I really like going at midnight versus 5:00 a.m.  After all I am a night owl and would be awake anyway. :)  I did not have a whole lot to get but I really enjoy getting out with the crowds!  I find it exciting! (weird huh)  Of course, it depends greatly on the moods of your fellow shoppers and this years was great.  It seemed like the whole atmosphere of the store I was in was that of joy and Christmas spirit.  I didn't see nor experience any pushing, yelling or bad behavior so all in all it was a great trip!  And I spent less than $50.  Not bad huh?!?  I can officially say I am done with my Christmas shopping and it is not even December yet!  Of course, I have a few packages that I am waiting to be delivered, but the shopping is done!  So for the rest of the Christmas season I can sit back, relax, enjoy my family and reflect on the real reason for the season. 

Tonight we had our annual Christmas tree trimming party where my family and my sisters family come together and decorate my mom's Christmas tree.  We have more yummy food, listen to Christmas music, take lots of pictures and decorate the tree!  I just love traditions and this is one of my favorite!

I'm already preparing some of our Advent activities (it starts Sunday ya know) and this year we are going to celebrate St. Nicholas day on December 6'th.  I have some great ideas for that day!  Don't worry, I'll share everything with you along the way.  So stay tuned for some Advent and Christmas posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment