Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kale Chips

This week was our produce co-op week and one of the things we got was kale.  I have never had kale before and I was not sure what to do with it.  After looking at a couple recipes for kale chips I decided to tweak the recipes I seen and make my own.   They were scrumdiddilyumptios!   The kids even loved them!!  The taste reminded us of pumpkin seeds.  This is a new favorite of mine and I believe it will help me on those evenings when I have the munchies and want something salty.  Now I will have a healthy alternative!

All you need is some Kale, 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil and 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt.  

Mix the oil and salt together in a bowl and then remove the kale leaves from the stem and tare the leaves into bite size pieces.  Add the kale pieces to the bowl and toss until the leaves are coated with the salty oil.
Put your  kale on a cookie sheet or shallow pan and cook at 375 degrees for 10-15 min. or until the edges are brown and crisp.


This is what the edges of the leaves should look like when it is done.

Other variations you could try:  Seasoned salt,  herbs and spices, lemon juice.  These are all alternatives that I am going to try in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment