Thursday, July 18, 2013

Homemade Rose Scented Powdered Laundry Detergent

I love making my own laundry detergent and have been doing so for years.  My favorite way to make it is the highly condensed liquid form and you can check out my blog post and directions for it here!  Even though it is what I use the most I occasionally like to use powdered detergent so this week I decided  to make up a batch and rather then use Felsnaptha like I normally use I decided to use a bar of rose scented castile soap and I absolutely love it!  It smells so feminine!  I'll definitely make more when this batch is all gone!   

I used one bar of castile soap and grated it with a cheese grater using the very fine side (you can use felsnaptha or ivory). Then I added one cup of borax and one cup of washing soda and a scoop of oxi clean.  To mix it up I put it in a quart jar and shook.  




No comments:

Post a Comment