Monday, October 5, 2009

A Home School Field Trip

Today I took the kids on a surprise home school field trip. Last night I informed them that I had a fun filled day planned for them. The suspense ate at them and I loved every minute of it. At one point Dakota declared that he had it figured out. He handed me a note card that he had written the following on: For the record, I, Dakota Lynch, have hereby concluded that we will be going to the St. Louis Arch tomorrow. He signed and dated it, for proof that he figured it out. I simply stated "we shall see".

It was home school day at the Magic House. Because of their 30 year anniversary our admission fee was $1.50 per person which is the same as it was in 1979. Me and Bethany had never been to the Magic House before and Dakota had only been once when my dad had taken him years earlier. We really enjoyed, I can't say that we will be going back, for my kids are getting older, and its not a place that we would go on a regular basis. For today though it was a nice outing.

Bethany's favorite thing was the pulley used to pull herself high into the air.


Dakota enjoyed the Lewis and Clark trail and hanging out with his friend Tyler.


After the Magic House we went to the Kirkwood City Park to enjoy our picnic lunch. We enjoyed a nice walk around the lake and the scenery was very beautiful.


We completed our day with a trip to Cold Stone Creamery.
I'm thinking our next field trip might have to be the Saint Louis Arch!




No comments:

Post a Comment