Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baking Day

Me and my daughter Bethany had a baking day today. I just love spending time in the kitchen with my girl. Not only are we making memories but it is part of training her for her role as wife/mother that if the Lord willing she will one day have.

First we made bread. We used the American Sandwich Bread Recipe again. Dakota is wanting me to try some other bread recipes so I am in the process of searching for the perfect recipe to try next. One thing that I am also wanting to try is homemade cinnamon rolls. Today's bread turned out very good and I think I am starting to get the hang of this. It wasn't even lopsided this time.


While our bread was rising we tried a new cookie recipe.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chippers

1 Cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (we used creamy)
1 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
3/4 Cup milk chocolate chips
Granulated sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and egg in medium bowl until well blended. Add chocolate chips to the dough; mix well.
3. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into 1 /12-inch balls. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Dip table fork into granulated sugar. Press sugar-coated tines of fork in crisscross fashion onto each ball, flattening to 1/2 inch thickness. Repeat dipping fork into granulated sugar to prevent it from sticking to dough.
5. Bake cookies in middle of oven until set, about 12 minutes. Led cookies stand on baking sheets for 2 minutes. remove cookies with spatula to wire racks; let cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container for up to one week.

I have tried other peanut butter cookie recipes before but this one took the cake....or would that be cookie.

Knowing my family like I know my family, I knew this would not be enough cookies to last us through the night, so we also made a batch of our favorite - Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Whether you want to say "good job" "congratulations" or just "I love you" cookies say it best. So grab an apron and go make a batch for your family.








No comments:

Post a Comment