Yesterday as I was going for a little walk along the edge of the woods I spotted some wild grapes. I went back inside to get the kids and show them. We grabbed a bowl and began picking. Some of them were very high up. The vines had climbed the trees and were well out of our reach, but we did manage to get a decent amount off the lower vines. They were pretty small, about the size of blueberries. My guess is that it is because they are growing in the shade and I would suppose that wild grapes are smaller anyway. My mother had shared with me that years ago my great grandma would make wild grape jelly. If you have ever had a wild grape you know that they are pretty sour. She said the jelly had a tang to it, but that it was delicious. As I shared this with my daughter she instantly wanted to make jelly. It was a great idea, but since we did not have any fruit pectin on hand we decided that wild grape juice would be even tastier! We were right! It was so good, Bethany even declared that it was "the best thing she ever tasted".