Monday, August 29, 2011

Bittersweet...

I love working in my garden and gathering the harvest.  After a long dry and hot spell the garden is about done producing.  Besides a few tomato plants and a few pepper plants that are still producing the main thing that is growing abundantly is the weeds.  It amazes me that we have gone weeks without cutting the grass, but some of the weeds are waist high in the garden.   So it is time to cut it down, mow it over and plow it up.  Bittersweet.  That is the word that describes the way I feel about it.  Funny how something that brings me such joy in the spring and the summer will also bring me such joy to be done with it. lol 

The harvest surely was bountiful this year.  The best ever!  I added up and I canned 126 jars of garden produce this year!  Thank the Lord!  That's not counting the produce that was put up in the freezer.  So even though the gardening season is about over, we will be enjoying it's blessings all winter!

Tomorrow I'll share with you the yummy salsa recipe I came up with this year.  I found a recipe, tweaked it to suit my taste and the results were perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment