Thursday, February 2, 2012

Herb Roasted Chicken

Tonight I fixed another pinterest inspired recipe for supper and it was so delicious!  As always I took the recipes from a couple pins and tweaked them to what works best for me.
The chicken was so tender and juicy and just fell off the bone.

I took a whole chicken and stuffed it with a two lemon halves, a quartered onion, and a few cloves of garlic.  I took 3 Tablespoons of canola oil and mixed that with some lemon thyme that I had dried from my herb garden.  I rubbed that mixture all over the chicken, put it in a shallow pan, covered with foil and cooked on 350 degrees for about 2 hours and 45 minutes.  I checked it often to make sure it wasn't getting too brown and about an hour before it was done I added some potatoes and carrots.  It will definitely be a meal that will be added to my monthly menu plan!




No comments:

Post a Comment