Saturday, March 3, 2012

Homemade Toothpaste

There are so many things I want to do on my journey to a more natural lifestyle.  Little by little I am making changes.   After searching high and low and trying several recipes for homemade toothpaste I finally stumbled upon one I really like.  Actually, I love it!  I love how clean it makes my teeth feel and it is even supposed to whiten them over time.  

It is so simple to make.  All you need is some Coconut Oil, Baking Soda and some essential oil.  The essential oil is optional.  I used orange because it is what I had on hand.  Peppermint would be great for this recipe if you like the minty freshness.  I also use non-aluminum baking soda.  If you didn't know that baking soda and baking powder has aluminum in it you should check into the dangers of this.  You can get both of these staples aluminum free from Bob's Red Mill online or from your local health store.  I was able to purchase mine through our produce co-op (the Bob's Red Mill brand) at a very reasonable price.

Mix together
4 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
5 Tablespoons of Baking Soda
8-10 drops of essential oil (optional)
Put it in a container of your choice and your all ready to start brushing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment