Sunday, November 18, 2012

Living Life to the Fullest - My Bucket List

After much thought, soul searching and dreaming I have finally completed my bucket list.  I'm sure it will continue to grow as new dreams are born, but for now these are my dreams, my hopes and my desires.  I realize that I will probably never accomplish everything on my list, but hey, if you are going to dream, you might as well dream big.  For me it is all about living life to the fullest and if I never get to see the Eiffel Tower or the Grand Canyon that will be okay, as long as at the end of my days I can look back and see that I loved deeply, laughed hard and let God's light shine through me, then yes I will say my life was a life well lived!

In no particular order here is my list:

  1.  Participate in a marathon.
  2.  Wash my hair in the rain.
  3.  Sleep under the stars all night (no tent).
  4.  Pay for a random strangers meal at a restaurant and keep it a secret.
  5.  Become a grandma.
  6.  Lead someone (lots of someones) to Jesus.
  7.  Own and fix up a vintage camper.
  8.  Bowl a Turkey (3 strikes in a row).
  9.  Learn to fly fish.
 10.  Become fluent in sign language.
 11.  Dance in the rain like no one is watching (hope no one is).
 12.  Go snorkeling.
 13.  See the Grand Canyon.
 14.  See Niagara Falls
 15.  Visit the Holy Land and walk where Jesus walked.
 16.  Visit the Smithsonian
 17.  See the Statue of Liberty
 18.  Learn to say no without feeling guilty.
 19.  Write separate letters to my children telling them what I want them to know about me, the life lessons I've learned and how much they are loved.
 20.  Live in a white house with a white picket fence and a few chickens in the backyard.
 21.  Eat lobster while wearing a plastic bib with a big red lobster on the front of it.
 22.  Lose those extra pounds and achieve my goal weight.
 23.  Help an elderly person load their groceries in to their car.
 24.  Walk barefoot along the beach by the light of the moon.
 25.  Take a spontaneous road trip.
 26.  Pursue laughter.  Laugh Daily.  Proverbs 17:22
 27.  Become a more positive person.
 28.  Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
 29.  Practice gratitude.
 30.  Live in the present.
 31.  Do something I love every day.
 32.  Learn CPR
 33.  Send Birthday cards by mail.
 34.  Buy a set of 1200 thread count of cotton sheets and sleep sweetly.
 35.  Make fire with a magnifying glass.
 36.  Keep a gratitude journal for a whole year.  I Thessalonians 5:18
 37.  Don't throw pity parties for myself.
 38.  Quit worrying about the future.
 39.  Stop overindulging.
 40.  Live a healthy life style.
 41.  View the Northern Lights.
 42.  Share my faith with others without ever saying a word.
 43.  Don't criticize or complain.  Instead Pray.
 44.  Be transformed by the renewing of my mind.  Romans 12:2
 45.  Cast down vain imaginations.  2 Corinthians 10:5
 46.  Speak in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.  Ephesians 5:19
 47.  Fill my mind with only good things.  Philippians 4:8
 48.  Rejoice always and pray without ceasing.  I Thessalonians 5:16-17
 49.  Do not allow corrupt talk to come from my mouth.  Ephesians 4:29
 50.  Take a nap in a hammock.
 51.  Carve my initials in a tree.
 52.  Go without television for 30 days.
 53.  Bury a time capsule.
 54.  Put a penny "heads up" on a sidewalk.
 55.  Visit Ground Zero.
 56.  Visit Pearl Harbor.
 57.  Help make someones dream come true.
 58.  Eat breakfast at Tiffany's in New York.
 59.  Learn to bake a perfect loaf of bread.
 60.  Visit Lancaster, PA
 61.  Worship without abandon.
 62.  Make sure the people I love know it.
 63.  Always believe and EXPECT miracles.
 64.  Be teachable.
 65.  Study integrity and humility and aspire to live a life committed to both.
 66.  Honor my seasons.  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
 67.  Memorize one Bible verse a week.
 68.  Live 100% complaint free for 30 days.
 69.  Make a scrapbook of my life.
 70.  Celebrate the big and the little things.
 71.  Spend a day without talking and really listen to what others are saying.
 72.  Recycle
 73.  Never give up.
 74.  Follow through with everything I say.
 75.  Look people in the eye while having a conversation.
 76.  Plant a tree, bush or flower to celebrate a life event or as a memorial to mark an occasion.
 77.  Create a family recipe scrapbook.
 78.  Learn how to make balloon animals.
 79.  Learn the constellations and stargaze more.
 80.  Run through a field of wildflowers.
 81.  Learn to snowboard.
 82.  Create a reverse bucket list and write down my life accomplishments.
 83.  Run the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and have a "Rocky" moment.
 84.  Go to a drive in movie.
 85.  Go on a mission trip.
 86.  Visit Venice, Italy and ride in a gondola.
 87.  Visit Paris and see the Eiffel Tower.
 88.  Milk a cow.
 89.  Send a message in a bottle.
 90  Shop on Rodeo Drive.
 91.  Rescue a dog from an animal shelter.
 92.  Write down every happy memory I can remember so I will NEVER forget.
 93.  Become a vegetarian.
 94.  Use natural and herbal remedies and trust God more for healing.
 95.  Don't judge on appearances and find something good in everyone/thing.
 96.  Reflect Christ.
 97.  Spend less time on-line.
 98.  Manage my time wisely.
 99.  Watch the sunrise with someone I love.
100.  Live each day as if it is my last.  Love deeply.  Laugh hard.  Be thankful in ALL things.  Never forget where God has brought me from.  Praise Him in the good times and in the bad.  Give Hugs.  Smile lots.  Cry happy tears and enjoy life to the fullest!




No comments:

Post a Comment