Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen - A Book Review

If you love Regency romances mixed with a little mystery you will love The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen.  This is a well written book about Emma Smallwood, who accompanies her widowed father to the Weston manor to tutor the two youngest son's.  Emma and her father have known the family for years.  The two oldest Weston boys, Phillip and Henry, attended Emma's father's boarding school when they were young.   Emma does not have pleasant memories of Henry as he always teased and bullied her, Phillip on the other hand has remained a good friend.  She also meets Lizzie who appears to be a ward of the Weston's, but clearly has some secrets of her own.

Upon arriving at the manor, mysterious things begin to happen.  Emma hears someone playing the piano in the middle of the night only to find that the room is empty.  Then someone begins sneaking into her bedchamber, leaving spine shivering evidence.  It seems that everyone there is hiding something and the lady of the house makes it no secret that she does not want Emma and her father there.

I absolutely loved this novel!  I could hardly put it down.  It was filled with suspense and mystery.  Add a little romance and I was enthralled.  Every time I thought I had figured out who was doing the bizzare things at the manor, something would happen to blow my theory.  It kept me guessing till the very end!  I loved the character of Emma and I can't wait to read more of Julie Klassen's writings!  I highly recommend this book!

Here's a book trailer that will give you a sample of what a great story this is.



****This book was provided to my by the publisher in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment