Friday, February 6, 2015

MEATBALL SUB CASSEROLE

I love trying new recipes and I love it even more when it is a hit with the whole family!  I was super excited to find this recipe for a Meatball Sub Casserole on Pinterest.  It is super easy and super yummy!

This would be a great recipe for a church dinner or other potluck.  Or if you are a working mom you could easily assemble it ahead of time, but I would hold off on putting the spaghetti sauce on until you are actually ready to cook it.  I think it would make your bread soggy.

The first thing I did was slice my french bread into 1 inch slices and layer them in the bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish.  After that, I combined my cream cheese and Italian mix and spread that on top of the sliced bread.

Next I cut up some thawed out meatballs and placed them on top of the cheese mixture.  I was pretty random with this.  Some I cut in half, some in thirds and some in fourths.  No rhyme or reason, just do what ever you prefer. 

Next, top with your favorite spaghetti sauce!


Then add Mozzerella Cheese


Now you are ready to pop it in the oven and cook until hot and bubbly and your cheese starts to brown.  This takes approximately 25 minutes.


Now your ready to taste the goodness!  


Meatball Sub Casserole

1 (16oz) loaf of french bread
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 lb. frozen meatballs, thawed
1 (26 oz) jar of spahetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2.  Slice french bread into 1-inch slices and place in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 dish.

3.  Mix together cream cheese and Italian seasoning and spread over french bread.

4.  Chop meatballs and layer over cream cheese mixture.


5.  Pour spaghetti sauce evenly over meatballs.

6.  Top with mozzarella cheese.

7.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment