Friday, June 24, 2016

Punderdome: A Card Game for Pun Lovers

I was so excited when Punderdome came in the mail.  I had high hopes for this card game, but was quickly let down.

The game comes with a stack of white cards and a stack of green cards.  You are to grab one card from each stack and then come up with a pun.  For instance you make draw "breakfast" and "studying" or perhaps "cats" and "breaking up".  My twenty-three year old son speaks in puns all the time and he is quite witty with this and even he found it difficult to come up with puns for some of the pairings.   I found it extremely difficult and would not recommend this card game.  If you are looking for a fun party game, look elsewhere.  This one will leave you scratching your head and wondering why you wasted your money.

The only thing that I enjoyed about this game were the punny question and answers on the back of the cards.  I guess they are put there for amusement purposes only, for they had nothing to do with game play.  They are rather cheesy, but did provide a few laughs.

Examples:

What do you say when you walk by a really nice cantaloupe? "What a melon."

What family member uses the most curse words? A Cussin.

Like I said cheesy. But it was the most enjoyment I got out of the game.

***Thanks to Blogging for Books for providing me this card game in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment