Monday, February 27, 2017

Still Life - A Book Review

Still Life by Dani Pettrey is the second book in the Chesapeake Valor Series.  I would recommend reading the books in order.  You could still understand and enjoy it as a stand alone book, but I think it would be more enjoyable read in series as there are many return characters and it's better to connect with them and to keep them all straight.

After Avery Tate was  blacklisted in the photography business over a controversial shot, she answered an ad for a crime scene photographer.  She expected to be laughed at, but crime scene analyst Parker Mitchell hired her outright and changed her life, but six months ago, when her feeling for Parker became too strong, she left his employ to sort out her heart.

Now, for the first time, Avery is facing the world that rejected her to attend the gallery opening of a photography exhibit and support her best friend, who modeled for the show. But the only image of her friend is a chilling photo of her posing as if dead and the photographer insists he didn't take the shot.  Worse, her friend can't be found.  She immediately calls Parker for help.  As Avery, Parker, and his friends in law enforcement dig in to the mystery, they find themselves face to face with a relentless and deadly threat.

I just love a good suspense novel and this book is perfect.  It was fast paced and a little edgy.  I found myself thinking about it long after I would stop reading.  It made me a little on edge as I get "scared" easy so if you are like me I would not read it at night.  It was like being a part of a real crime scene investigation and was very interesting to see how several people worked together to solve the mystery.  It kept me guessing until the end!

***Thanks to Bethany House Publishing for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment