Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Unveiling The Past - A Book Review

Kim Vogel Sawyer is one of my all time favorite authors.  When she comes out with a new book I count down the days until I have it in my hands.  She has a unique writing style that I always connect with.  But, if I'm completely honest, I really struggled with Unveiling The Past.  It's not that it was a bad book by any means, but it didn't reach my usual expectations. 

First, I will say that I am not a big fan of modern day novels, so I'm sure that was a big factor.  It seemed to have too much going on.  Too many story lines going in different directions and I thought the relationship between Meghan's mom and this man who abandoned her while she was pregnant seemed a little too far fetched and a little inconsiderate to Meghan's feelings.  What I did like was the faith aspect.  Kim Vogel Sawyer's books always are rich in faith and have a deeper meaning that speak to the reader's heart.  I really love that about her writing.  I did connect with Meghan and wished the story would of focused on her  relationships a little more, instead of veering off to the job she was working on.  With all that being said, Kim Vogel Sawyer is still one of my all time favorite authors.  One book that I don't connect with isn't going to change that!

Newlyweds and cold case detectives Sean and Meghan  have been given the task of investigation the twenty year past disappearance of a husband and a father.  A judge ruled that the missing man chose to leave the country and abandon his family, but his wife wouldn't concede that he left his family nor declare him dead.  Now that their mother is gone, the children want answers.

Sean is reading for children Meghan is not.  She decides that trying to locate her biological father my bring the closure she needs and help her desire to start a family.  She is struggling with everything going on and feels like she is falling short and failing everyone.

Meghan's mom, Diane decides to take action and reconnects with Meghan's father.  God begins to work in Meghan's heart like never before and she is learning to trust Him in a way that she never has.

This is book two in the Bringing Home Maggie series.  I really enjoyed the first book!  I say give them both a chance! 


No comments:

Post a Comment