Thursday, February 20, 2020

Woman Of Sunlight

Woman Of Sunlight by Mary Connealy is the second book in the Brides of Hope Mountain Series.  I had been waiting rather impatiently for this book ever since I finished Aiming For Love, the first book in the series.  Now that I have finished this one I am already counting down the days until the third book releases!  I love this series so much.

Ilsa and her sisters have been raised in isolation in the mountains of Colorado.  They were raised by their grandparents and were taught to fear people and that going to town would bring sickness and possibly death.  With both of their grandparents gone the girls have been living alone and are extremely self sufficient.  When the Warden family comes to the mountain in need, the sisters help them out.  

Mitch has left his life in New York City and is now living on the mountain with his family.  Ilsa and Mitch are drawn to each other, but it seems that the thing they do best is fight.  When Mitch's past catches up with him, he realizes that he has put everyone's life in danger.  He is determined to resolve the problem, but that means a trip to town and Ilsa insists on going with him.  Once in town they embark on a very surprising adventure!

This book was so entertaining!  It had me laughing out loud on several occasions and it had a sort of  "Tarzan and Jane" feel with the roles reversed.  I have to admit that I was very surprised with the twists and turns of this book.  It was a lot different than I expected it to be and I loved the suspense.  I don't want to include any spoilers, so I'll just say that I didn't see that coming! 

I enjoyed getting to catch up with Dave and Jo from the first book and the ground work has been set for the third book which will be Ursula's story.  It's going to be good!  I can't wait to see how this series wraps up.  

Thanks to Bethany House Publishing for providing me with this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment