Thursday, November 4, 2021

A Season on the Wind

 


A Season on the Wind by [Suzanne Woods Fisher]It has been a while since I have read an Amish Christian Fiction book, but I can always Count on Suzanne Woods Fisher to deliver.  

Ben Zook had only two loves in his life:  Birds and books.  In a stroke of luck he found a way to combine his two loves into a career writing books about rare books.  All was going great until a chase for a rare white winged tern leads him back to the one place he never wanted to return to. His Amish home in Stoney Ridge.

Desperate for photographs of the rare bird he hires a local field guide, Micah Weaver.  He also boards in Micah's home and his hope is to "bag the bird" and leave Stoney Ridge before anyone recognizes him.  Whet he did not count on was Micah's sister Penny.

It was a summer long ago that Penny first introduced Ben to birding. It was also that time that she fell in love with him.  She had always hoped that Ben would return back to Stoney Ridge and to her.  The only problem now is that Ben has absolutely no memory of her.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it is so apparent that great research went into the writing of it.  I was captivated by the birding aspect and I am reading to start bird watching immediately!  Another thing that I loved is the faith and spiritual tones in the book.  Forgiveness is a big topic and I love reading a book where I can clearly see underlying lessons.  

Thanks to Revell for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment