Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My herb garden

My herb garden is flourishing.  I've been harvesting several herbs from the garden (along with other herbs in various places in our yard.

I've been drying most of them for future uses, but I have made some comfrey salve, some wild violet and plantain salve, along with the dandelion salve that I made in the spring.  Right now I have some basil vinegar steeping that I am going to use to marinate venison and I am also trying a home made herbal bug spray.   I'll let you know how it works.  It should be done steeping around the 4'th of July and I'll be able to test it out then.

Me and Bethany recently got poison sumac and we discovered that aloe from our aloe plant helps stop the itching!  Tea tree oil was another thing that helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment