Monday, June 20, 2011

18 Years Ago...

...God blessed me with a beautiful 7 lb. 4 oz. baby boy.  He's not so much a baby anymore, but still such a blessing. 

As this day was approaching I began asking myself "How do you go from having a child to having an adult?"  It actually weighed heavily on my mind.  Last night the answer came.  You don't do anything different.  From the day your child is born you begin the preparations.  From the time they let go of your fingers to take that first step, to the time they stop running to you every time they get a scrape or a "boo boo".  As they grow they began to make decisions on their own.  It starts out small, like perhaps the clothes they will wear for the day, I still remember the times I just smiled at the mismatched outfits that he chose.  Just like that,  the decisions he may make in life may not always be the choice I would have made, but I have to trust.  Trust in God, trust in the raising and the guidance I have given him thus far in life, trust that the foundation that he is standing on is firm, and trust that even though he is embarking on a new chapter in his life that he will always have a place for his mother. :)

Dakota, 

As I look at the man you have become I couldn't be more proud.  I take no credit.  It has been God.  A merciful God, who has taken our messed up, broken lives and turned them around for his glory.   If there is anything that I would want you to remember, to carry with you throughout your adulthood it would be to trust in the Lord.   Hold fast to your faith, hold fast to God.  He will never leave you nor forsake you.  He has all the answers, He wipes away all the tears.  He is there when you feel alone, He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.  Remember to always praise Him, in the good times and in the bad.  Rejoice evermore and pray without ceasing.  God has all the answers. Never forget where He has brought you from and trust in Him to lead you where He wants you to go.  I love you more than words can describe.  Happy Birthday! 

Love, MOM

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sheila !! It is very nice to see you again !! What more can a child ask for than a GODLY mother who understands the the will of GOD and HIS plan of Salvation ....Your son is truly blessed to have been born to you ....A beautiful birthday letter !! Welcome back o blogland .................Rest well !!

    ReplyDelete