Friday, June 22, 2012

Picking and a Grinning

I picked the first of our green beans this evening! There were just a few early ones and I'm sure they will taste yummy with our supper tomorrow night!   Another week or two and it will be canning time.  That is, if I can keep the deer out of them.  I've never had a problem with deer in my garden before this year.  We've always had them around, but they never bothered my garden.  This year they are eating the tops of my corn and the tops of my green beans.  I've tried several scare tactics and I'm hoping my poor man's scarecrow (that's what Bethany called it ha!) that I put out this evening works.  If not I'll have to find a new method.   I am hoping to beat my 39 quarts from last year.  So stay away deer and Lord, a little rain would be helpful too! :):):)




No comments:

Post a Comment