Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Heiress of Winterwood - A Book Review


This is an excellent book!  It is a regency novel about Amelia Barret who is an heiress to a large estate.  She grew up without a mother and when her dear friend dies after giving birth she promises to take care of her baby.  Within the next few months Amelia raises baby Lucy as her own.  She loves her as much as a real mother could and is determined to do everything in her power to keep Lucy in her care.  The thought of Lucy growing up without a mother is more than Amelia can bare so she devises a plan.  When Graham, Lucy's father, a Captain who has been away at sea for a long period of time, returns home Amelia knows she must do something drastic. She asks Graham, a complete strange, to marry her.

When tragedy strikes and Lucy disappears and an ominous ransom note is left, Amelia and Graham are determined to bring the baby that they both love back home safely.

From the very first paragraph of this book I was hooked.  I loved the characters and the Author Sarah Ladd penned the story in such a way that captivated my interest!  This book has it all!  Suspense, adventure, history and love.   The only negative thing I can say is that I got very little sleep until it was finished.  I couldn't put the book down!!!  I can't wait to read more from this Author!


***This book was provided to me through the booksneeze book review program in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment