Thursday, April 3, 2014

Murder Simply Brewed - A Book Review

Amber Wright is an Englischer who runs the shops in an Amish Artisan Village.  Hannah is a young Amish girl that works at the quilt shop located next to the coffee shop.  When Hannah finds Ethan, the manager in charge of the coffee shop dead it is quickly determined that the cause of death was a heart attack.  Amber asks Hannah to take Ethan's place in the coffee shop and it doesn't take long before "evidence" of foul play start showing up.  When Amber goes to the police with her suspicions they do not take her seriously.  Amber and Hannah join forces and begin to investigate on their own.   Will they be able to fit the puzzle pieces together before anyone else gets hurt?

I don't usually read murder mysteries, but something about an Amish murder intrigued me, plus, I had recently read a short story by Vannetta Chapman and really enjoyed it and was anxious to read one of her books.  Murder Simply Brewed was a really great novel.  If you are like me and don't want to read something that is dark and sinister, but still like a good mystery then this book is perfect.  I couldn't wait to discover "who-done-it" and it held my attention from cover to cover!  I loved the fact that an Amish lady and an Englischer worked together to solve the "crime" and there was a perfect balance of mystery, suspense and romance that kept me wanting more.   This book was a refreshing change for me and I can't wait to read more of this author's writings!

***This book was provided to me by the publisher through the booklook blogger review program in exchange for my review.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled you enjoyed Amber and Hannah's story! This is the first of three in this series! Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete