Wednesday, August 20, 2014

With Every Breath - A Book Review

Every now and again I'll pick up a book and within the first couple pages I know I am going to love it.  That was the case for me with this book by Elizabeth Camden.  I was captivated from the first page to the last.

The book starts out with Kate and Trevor competing at their school for Valedictorian.   The winner also gets a scholarship.  For the past four years Trevor has been Kate's nemesis.  The only way that Kate will be able to continue her education is to win the scholarship.  Trevor is rich and rebuffs everyone who tries to make friends with him.  Trevor wins the competition and the scholarship.  Kate hopes she never has to see Trevor again, with that the book skips forward twelve years...

Kate is working as a government statistician when she is offered a position to work with a doctor.  This is the job she has been dreaming of, but the doctor just so happens to be the one man she hoped to never see again...Trevor!  Despite her misgivings she agrees to work for him.  Trevor is trying to find a cure for tuberculosis and he is certain that Kate will benefit his efforts.

This book has it all!  There is breath taking romance, twists and turns and a little bit of a mystery.  The characters are interesting and well developed.  I love the element of faith that is portrayed in Kate's life and the ending way great!  And I have to add that I think the cover is beautiful.  It looks exactly like the way the author describes Kate!

I would definitely recommend this book and it is one that is going on my book shelf with my other favorites that I know I will read again!

***This book was provided to me by Bethany House Publishing in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment