Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Sweetapolita Bakebook - A Book Review

The Sweetapolita Bakebook: 75 Fanciful Cakes, Cookies & More to Make & Decorate 


I was so excited to get this book in the mail.  It was everything I hoped it would be and more!  The pictures are absolutely amazing, there are 75 recipes included, but what is really unique about the cakes and cookies included in this book are the amazing designs.  

What kid wouldn't love to decorate their cookies with special markers or edible paint.  What about chalkboard cookies or cakes.  Who would of thought?  Certainly not me!  Edible chalk?  How much fun is that?  



In reality I will probably never make any of the fancy ideas in this book, but there are plenty of great ideas for average people like me.  Sprinkles, cupcakes and cutout cookies can be just as fun with the recipes and ideas in this book.  
I learned quite a bit within the pages as well.  There were some great tips for decorating with icing that I will definitely benefit from.  The recipes look delicious and I can't wait to try the chocolate sugar cookie cut out recipe.  

With several family birthdays coming up in the next few months I know I will be getting lots of practice in my cake decorating skills and thanks to this book I think my designs will be better than ever!

If you like to bake this is a great book for you.  Not only will you be inspired by the designs you will broaden your knowledge of baking in a very beneficial way!

***This book was provided to me by Blogging For Books in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment