Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Camping Trip to Taum Sauk Mountain

We have been taking camping trips to Taum Sauk Mountain at least once a year for quite a few years now.  It is a place that is near and dear to my heart.  The scenery is just as breathtaking as the first time we went.

One of my favorite things to do while we are there is go up to the look out deck at night and lay down and look up at the stars.  The sky is simply amazing out there.  The stars are brighter and it seems as if you can see each and every one in the heavens.  This past trip I seen six shooting stars!  Simply beautiful!  While laying there we talk and we laugh.  It's the best!

While we are there it's my time to refocus, to clear my head, to be rejuvenated.  There are no interruptions, no social media, no television.  Just nature and its beauty.  I always feel a closeness to God there.  It's as if everything in all its beauty is crying out praises to the creator!

My kids are getting older and I know our trips like this are probably coming to an end soon.  The time will come that they will be too busy and have their own lives to lead.  And that is okay.  Life is full of changes and seasons, but one thing I know for certain...when I am old and gray these are the moments that I will look back upon.  They will fill my heart with smiles and I will look back on them with laughter and maybe even a few tears.   For now I will tuck them deep into my memory, not to be forgotten.



















No comments:

Post a Comment