Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Daniel Fast for Weight Loss - A Book Review

As 2015 is coming to an end I once again find myself thinking about the changes I need to make for next year and weight loss is high up on the list.  I had heard of the Daniel Fast before, but knew very little about it.  When I got the chance to review The Daniel Fast for Weight Loss by Susan Gregory for Tyndale Publishing I was excited to learn more about this weight loss method.

The Daniel Fast is a different approach to losing weight.  In fact it is not considered a diet at all, rather a lifestyle change and a journey to getting closer to God.   The goal is to eat foods that God has provided.  Of course, from the title of the fast it is based on Daniel and the facts shared in the Bible about the way he consumed food.  It is to be a spiritual journey with the bonus of losing weight.

The foods that you are to eat during the Daniel fast are only foods grown from seed.  That would include all fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, etc.  The only beverage you can drink is water.  No meat, dairy, sweeteners, etc.  It is pretty strict.  Basically nothing pleasant.  It's a good thing it is a spiritual journey because it is going to take lots of prayer to get through 21 days of eating that way. lol

Included in the book is 90 recipes which is an important inclusion for me.  It also includes 21 days of devotions to go along with the fast.  There is a lot of information packed into this book to help you both spiritually and physically through the journey and also tips on how to maintain after the fast is over.

I'm  hopeful that this will be just the thing to jump start a healthy lifestyle for 2016!

***Thank you Tyndale Publishing for providing me this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment