Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Stay With Me by Becky Wade

Stay with Me (Misty River Romance, A Book #1) by [Becky Wade]I don't usually read Contemporary Christian Romance books.  I tend to stay with historical or suspense, but ever so often I step out of my normal genres and pick up something different.  After reading Stay With Me, I'm asking myself why I don't read more books like this!  Especially by this author!

This book had me from the first page.  It is a beautiful story that deals with some really tough subjects.  Genevieve is a Bible study author who, after an ankle surgery, is battling an addiction to prescription pain pills.  After receiving an anonymous letter about her parents past, she returns to her hometown.  After a long night, Genevieve takes some pills and ends up asleep in the beautiful farm house that belongs to Sam Turner.  When Sam finds Genevieve asleep on his property, he can't seem to wake her.  He soon finds out her secret.  This is the last thing Sam wants in his life as he is still dealing with the guilt of his own past, but it seems as God has another plan.

Just about every emotion is visited in this book.  I found myself laughing in several places, frustrated in others, and also at times hopeful as well as saddened.  There is a family secret that two sisters work to uncover and I enjoyed the mystery it brought to the book.  There is a great message of grace and forgiveness and I loved the gospel message that the author brought out. 

This just so happens to be the first book in The Misty River Romance series and you better believe I'll be reading the rest of the series.


***Thank you to Bethany House Publishing for this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment