Friday, December 31, 2010

Praying in the New Year

No matter where I spend New Year's Eve, there is one thing, a tradition, that we always try to do.  Pray out the old year and pray the new year in.  My mom and dad are the two that started the tradition when I was just a young girl.  Now I do it with my kids and hopefully one day they will do it with their children. 


We still hoop and holler and make a lot of noise, but first we pray.  Why?  Because He is the God of my yesterdays, He is the God of my today, and He is the God of my tomorrows. What better way to start the New Year than with the One I love most.  It is because of Him that I am blessed to have another year.  It is because of my faith in Him that I know that whatever the new year brings He will see me through.  In the good times and in the bad times, at the end of the year and at the beginning of the year, I will say blessed be the name of the Lord and thank Him for His goodness to me, his unworthy servant.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! What a beautiful reminder of how good God is to us! May His Love be unquenchable in your life. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete