Sunday, April 17, 2011

Plants Started from Seeds

Back in February I did a post about starting seeds indoors.  I thought I'd update ya'll on the progress.  Some of them did not do so good.  I always tend to think they need more water than what they do and over do it causing the roots to rot.  You'd think I'd learn my lesson by now, but I haven't and I'll probably have the same problem next year.  :)

Even though I lost some due to over watering I had quite a few do really good.  When it started warming up outside I began setting them outside and WOW what a difference it made.  It just goes to show no matter how hard you try, you can't replace real sunlight, fresh air and rain.  My peppers have done the best.  I also have quite a few tomatoes and marigolds.  My chives and sweet basil are coming along nicely too.  Oh and I can't forget my dill and parsley!   

Recently I planted some seeds outside in pots.  I hope they do good.  I planted Rosemary, Thyme, Calendula, Nasturtium, Lavender and I am planning on planting some Echinacea seeds right in the ground.  I have so many plans for my herbs.  Drying them, teas, salves, oils.  We'll see what happens! 

So overall I am pleased with the way my seed project has turned out.  There were a couple weeks in March that I thought they were all going to die and it was all a waste, but they pulled out of it and I will definitely do it again next year!






1 comment: