Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Time = Busy as a Bee Time

I can't believe how long I have been MIA on my blog.  It seems that when things get busy for me the first thing that gets pushed aside is my blog.  I hate that because I really enjoy posting and even more so reading other peoples blogs.  There just isn't enough hours in the day. :)

So what has kept me so busy lately you might ask?  Oh where to begin...

When spring arrives there are so many things to accomplish.  I'm sure you all know what I mean. 

Our house is surrounded by quite a few trees, so a big job we have is to clean them out.  There are leaves in the flower beds, around the out buildings, in the ditches and they all must be cleaned out.  No matter how much we rake and blow leaves in the fall, there is always plenty in the spring.

There's the tilling of the garden, pulling weeds from flower the beds, cleaning out the rabbit hutch that has been neglected all winter, planting, sowing seeds, cutting grass, weed eating.  The list could go on and on.  Sometimes I feel like we add to the list faster than we mark things off. 

Each year we have our "want to dos" along with our "need to dos".  This year we built 2 raised beds.  One for herbs and one for strawberries.  I've also been busy with some new herbal remedies (but that's another post).

Then there is the inside.  We can't neglect the inside.  Afterall, it is called SPRING cleaning.  For us, that includes the inside of the house, garage, sheds etc.  Of course, nothing says clean like a fresh coat of paint.  So that means painting in the kids rooms.  Oh, and I can't forget about sewing.  I have a stack that's growing by the sewing machine.  I sew most of mine and Bethany's clothing and I think my girl has grown a foot over the winter.  Whew!  I'm gettin wore out just blogging about it all. 

I was actually grateful for the rain that moved in this weekend and brought some cooler air with it.  I needed a break and a good excuse to stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment