Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why NOT me Lord???

There have been times in my life, through the trials of my life, that I have asked the Lord with tears running down my face..."Why Me Lord??"  I am fairly confident that I am not the only christian who has ever asked this of the Lord.  

The other day I read something and it got me to thinking.  It was 4 simple words..."Why NOT me Lord?"  What if I began to ask that question of the Lord? 

What if.....when I see a homeless person, instead of just feeling sorry for them, I ask the Lord why NOT me?  Is there something I can do for this person to show them to your Sheltering Arms?

What if.....when I see a lonely elderly person with the hardships of their life evident by their bent over back, wrinkled face, graying hair and crippled hands, ask of the Lord, Why NOT me?  How can I ease their burden and show them that you are the Healer of both body and soul?

What if....when I see a young women who is broken from a failing marriage ask of the Lord, Why NOT me?  How can I encourage this women and share with her that she is never alone if she has You?

What if....when I see a teenager who clearly hates their life, their family, their school, ask of the Lord, Why NOT me?  How can I show this young person that You are Love?

What if....when I see the little child who gets yelled at because their parents don't care, ask of the Lord, Why NOT me?  How can I show this child that it is loved and that you are Hope?

What if....when I hear about the country that has Christians being persecuted, ask of the Lord, Why NOT me?  How can I help those that are standing strong for you and encourage them in their knowing that you are Life?

What if....when I hear about those that are going hungry, ask of the Lord, Why NOT me?  How can I feed them and show them that you are the real Sustenance of life?

What if.....I simply ask Why NOT me Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment