Saturday, August 18, 2012

Where to Get a Cute Modest Swimsuit

Several years ago I did a blog post on where to find a cute modest swimsuit.  Since then God has continued to do a work in our lives and after my daughter came to me and asked me for an even more modest swimsuit than what she had, my quest for the perfect modest swimsuit continued.  So here is what I have found over the years.  I do want to state that the convictions my family have concerning swimwear is just that...our convictions.  Pray about what God would desire for you, He is the one we should desire to please.  No one else. :)

http://www.limericki.com/ is where we originally began and were I first blogged about 3 years ago.  They have some great swimsuits. They offer higher neck lines and a more modest bottom.  No high cut legs.  Lots of boy shorts and even some cute swim skirts.

http://hydrochic.com/modest-swimsuits.html is a great place for modest swim and sportswear.  They offer a cute sporty look!

http://www.simply-modest.com/posecom/  I love this site!  They have such cute modest swimsuits!  They even sell sewing patterns and material if you want to make your own!

http://swimmodest.com/  Very cute designs for women and children!

http://www.wholesomewear.com/  This is where the Duggar's get their suits.  In my opinion they are not very cute, but everyone has different tastes and it may be just the thing you are looking for!

http://freshmodesty.com/  This is an awesome website!  This young girl sews beautifully!  She sells and e-book sharing how to custom make your own modest swimwear.  She also has some great examples of suits that she has made.  I did purchase this e-book for myself and it does have a lot of great pointers in it.

You can also check out ebay.  They have a great selection of modest swimwear.  New and used.

When I began to look for a more modest swimsuit, I began with a google search.  Many of the links listed here are what popped up.  I looked and looked, but in the end it came down to one thing.  Money!  These suits were way out of my price range.  I just could not afford it.  So I decided to try to make our own.  I don't claim to be a great seamstress, but was willing to give it a shot.  I purchased my material on ebay and was blessed to find a great deal and enough fabric to make two suits!  You DO need a special fabric so be sure to do your research if you decide to try making your own!  I purchased a legging pattern for the bottoms.    I knew I could adjust the length accordingly.  For the top, I did a couple different things, I pieced some different patterns I had around the house to get the look I wanted on one suit and on the other suit I  used a tank top for a pattern adding the length I desired.  Here is what I came up with.

This one is more fitted.  It's the one I used a tank top to go by.  It's my favorite!


This one is Bethany's favorite.  It is looser and the bottom half of the top looks more like a skirt.  


I was very pleased with the way they turned out and this is the second year that Bethany has wore them.  They get lots of use and have held up well!  

I hope you find something here that is a blessing to your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment