Thursday, January 10, 2013

An Amish Kitchen - A Book Review

An Amish Kitchen is a compilation of three Amish stories.  A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long, A Spoonful of Love by Amy Clipston, and A Recipe for Hope by Beth Wiseman.  All three stories are set in Paradise Pennsylvania and the characters are intertwined in some way.  I have previously read books by Kelly Long and Beth Wiseman so I was certain I would love this book and I was correct!!

The first story, A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long is about Fern Zook who grows herbs and is learning of their healing properties from her grandma.  Her neighbor Abram Fisher is taking care of his younger siblings while his parents are away.  It seems like he is constantly needing Fern's services for one ailment or another.  It doesn't take long for sparks to fly between them.

I really enjoyed this story and it was probably my favorite out of all three!!

The second story, A Spoonful of Love by Amy Clipston is about Hannah King who is running a bed and breakfast, her mom is busy taking care of her Hannah's dad who recently had a stroke.  Stephen Esh comes to the bed in breakfast and the town of Paradise in hopes of a fresh start.  Hannah's mom is uncomfortable with Stephen being around Hannah and is determined to run him off.  Despite her efforts Hannah and Stephen are drawn together.  When Hannah finds out about Stephen's past will she still want him around.

I really liked this story but felt like it ended way too soon.  About the time I was getting really into it, it was over.

The third story, A Recipe of Hope by Beth Wiseman, is about Eva Bender's family.  After a storm damages their home they are forced to stay with her parents while working on the repairs.  Eva and her mother have never gotten along.  Will staying with her now mend their relationship or tare them further apart?

This was a cute story that had me laughing out loud a couple of times.  There was also a little love triangle going on between Eva's two twin son's and a young Amish girl that added to the story!

I would definitely recommend An Amish Kitchen if you like reading Amish fiction stories!

***This book was provided to me through booksneeze.com in exchange for my review.



No comments:

Post a Comment