Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Embracing the Season

No winter blues here! The U.S. has been hit hard this winter. Snow, ice, frigid temperatures. A lot of people are counting down the days till spring. Spring and summer are my favorites, but I am not quite ready to push winter out the door, not yet anyway.

There is something about the possibility of getting snow that really excites me. I guess it brings out the kid in me. I love the idea of being snowed in. I love the relaxed pace of winter. I love the the chance to do things I don't really do in the summer, like scrapbook, sew, and all things crafty. I love having time to blog hop. I love hot cocoa. I love listening to Dakota play his guitar. I love watching Bethany do crazy creative projects (her latest was a cape and mask for our dog, now known as Daisy the Wonder Dog), I love the way the snow makes everything look so beautiful and warm.  Yes, warm. Even though the snow is cold, and we bundle up to go out in it, when I look out my window at the snow covered earth, I feel warm inside.

So, even though spring is just around the corner, and I will love the green grass, the beautiful flowers, the warmer temperatures.... today I am perfectly content with my winter wonderland.








No comments:

Post a Comment