Monday, October 15, 2012
Oven Baked Frito Pie
1 - lb. hamburger or turkey burger
1 - 16 oz. can of chili beans
1 - 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 - 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 - envelope taco seasoning (I only use have an envelope)
1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 bag of Fritos Corn Chips
1 1/4 cup Sour Cream
1. Cook hamburger/turkey burger until brown then drain.
2. Stir chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese into the pan with your browned burger. Simmer on low for a few minutes until hot.
3. Sprinkle about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of chips into the bottom of an 8x8 or a 9x13 pan. (I used an 8x8)
4. Cover chips with entire chili mixture.
5. Bate at 350 for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and spread sour cream over chili, top with the rest of the corn chips and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
7. Bake an additional 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
I think this would also be a great thing to make if you had left over chili!!