Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Though my Heart is Torn - A Book Review

When I read the first book in The Cadence of Grace Series I instantly became a huge fan of Author Joanne Bischof's writing style.  Not only that, but I fell in love with the character's Lonnie and Gideon.  (See my review for Be Still My Soul HERE).

In Though my Heart is Torn, Lonnie and Gideon's story takes a turn that I never expected and I have to admit that I was very upset with the direction it went.  I don't say that in a negative way towards the book or the author because it is  beautifully written and captivates your interest from beginning to end.  I say it because I am so attached to the character's in this series.  I really wanted things to go well for Lonnie and Gideon (especially Lonnie)  In book one they overcame so many obstacles and Gideon had finally started growing in his faith and being the kind of man and husband that he should be and then book two comes along and the life they had built together comes crashing down when it is revealed that Gideon was already married to another woman when he married Lonnie.  The pain that all the character's go through is heart wrenching and if one message comes through loud and clear through this book is that even though you give your heart to the Lord sometimes you still pay for your mistakes that you made while in sin.  The old phrase "you reap what you sow" comes to mind.

Towards the end of the book I found myself "rooting" for Lonnie and Gideon in a different way.   I know that even though they are both hurting, their healing has begun and that they can both have happiness in their new lives apart.    I cannot wait to read the third book and see how their story turns
out!

**This ebook was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment