Sunday, September 2, 2012

Be Still My Soul - A Book Review

Lonnie has suffered at the hand of her abusive father since she was six years old.  Regardless, she has held on to her faith in God.  When Gideon, walks Lonnie home late one night he tries to steal a kiss.  Lonnie fights him off, but not without her father seeing what happened.  The next day her father claims that Lonnie has been "soiled" and forces Gideon and Lonnie into marriage.

Gideon is a ladies man with a taste for moonshine.  Settling down is the last thing he wants.  As the story unfolds Gideon continues to make poor choices, but Lonnie is befriended by and elderly couple that show her true compassion.  Will Gideon ever turn his life around so him and Lonnie can have a chance at true happiness?


Be Still My Soul is Joanne Bischof's first book and she has made an instant fan out of me.  I love her writing style and she had me interested from the get go!  Her descriptive way of storytelling makes it easy to picture in your mind the events that transpire.  I can't wait to read more of her work.  This is book one from the Cadence of Grace Series and I am so excited to see what the next book is like!

**Thanks to Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing me a copy of the book in exchange for my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment