Monday, August 19, 2013

Advice for Seekers by Charles H. Spurgeon - Book Review

I am always thrilled when I get the chance to add a book by Charles H. Spurgeon to my library.  Advice for Seekers is a reproduction of Spurgeon's 1896 work called Words of Advice for Seekers.  It is published by Attic Books which is a division of New Leaf Publishing Group.  The book itself is compact and has the look of an older book which I really like and the edges of the pages even have a tattered look!

You might think upon hearing the title that the book and "advice" might be for new believers, but I have found it to be quite encouraging and think that it is a blessing for all people no matter where they are in their walk with Christ.  As I read through the book I found my self marking pages and underlining important truths.  There are so many great words of wisdom to meditate upon that I am sure I will be referring back to this little gold nugget of a book for years to come.

From the back of the book:

What is keeping you from finding the kind of faith like you want?

Christ said He came to give us the full depth of His abundant life...to draw seekers unto Himself.  Yet, for some of us that deeper and more meaningful relationship with Christ just doesn't seem to happen.  No matter how many books are read on improving our spiritual life or reading the Bible faithfully, or even by attending church regularly, we remain frustrated, unable to move forward or grow in our faith.

What stands in the way?  The tough answer just might be:  YOU.

At least it was the answer Charles Spurgeon realized when he questioned is own ability to surrender his life and will to God as a young man.  a powerful collection of insight from this legendary pastor and man of faith is presented within Advice for seekers and focused on removing the barriers we too often place between our faith and God's love.  Spurgeon sought an abundant life in Christ and found it.  Now, in this faithful 19'th century reproduction, he reveals the simple path to God's truth for seekers today.



You can also read more about the book and see what other people say about it by clicking HERE.

***This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment