Sunday, August 18, 2013

I am Ruth - Book Review

 The story of Ruth has always been one of my favorite Bible stories.  There is so much to glean from her life and it seems that no matter how many times I read it there is always something new to learn from it.

"...For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God..."   Ruth 1:16

I am really excited to tell you about I am Ruth.  It is such a beautiful book that I don't think I will ever tire of looking at it.  Just when I think I am done with it, I pick it up again to flip through the pages and look at the amazing photographs "one more time".

I am Ruth is a story of loss, love and redemption.  Through this well written book you will follow the incredible spiritual journey of two women who would fulfill a plan that only God could put in place.  Committed to Naomi and believing in God, Ruth chooses to leave the land of her birth for the unknown lands of her mother-in-law.

God's love story through the lives of Naomi, Ruth and Boaz helps us understand that during the famines of the heart and soul He can fill our needs and our desires from the most unlikely circumstances.

This book can be an encouragement to those that have suffered loss, it will help you rediscover your faith and remind you to place yourself and your future in God's loving hands and He will bless you abundantly.

The pictures in this books are what have captivated me more than anything else.  They are taken by Kenneth Berg and if you go to his facebook page (click here) you can see a lot of pictures and videos and read more about his work on this book.   The photos are taken in Israel near the place of Ruth's life.  Through his pictures you get a clear image of this well known Bible story.  Along with that you get to read social and cultural details that help you to understand what life was like during that time period.

The text is written by Brenda Duff and she takes you through each chapter of the book of Ruth.  She includes lots of history and Bible verses and accompanied with the beautiful pictures it makes this book and excellent choice!

Being a homeschool mom I tend to think of how I can incorporate a lot of the books I read into our studies and this is a perfect book to use as you study Ruth's life.  You could also use it to enhance character studies on courage and loyalty.  It would be beneficial for all ages.  Even the youngest child can look at the pictures and follow along!

I am Ruth is from Master Books (a division of New Leaf Press) and has been provided to me for my honest review.  You can read what other's are saying about this great book by going HERE.

Be sure to check out this short video clip to learn more!


No comments:

Post a Comment