Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Lady's Honor - A Book Review

This is the first book of Laurie Alice Eakes that I have read and I am now a fan! From the very first page I was pulled right into the story and felt as if I was watching the scenes unfold before my very eyes. It's full of action, suspense and forbidden love. 

The story takes place in England in the year 1811. Elizabeth has been forced into an engagement to a dangerous man. She decides to escape and along her journey a stranger helps her. When the stranger calls her "Elys", the name by which her family calls her, she quickly determines it must be her brother whom she has not seen in six years. She does not hesitate fleeing away with him only to discover it wasn't her brother after all, but Rowan Curnow. Rowan continues to help Elizabeth return to her family home and feelings begin to develop between them. Elizabeth knows that Rowan is below her in class and her family would never approve of their relationship. In the end she must decide between true love or her family's approval and her inheritance.

This book is so much more than just a love story. There's murder, mystery, hidden treasure and so much more. I definitely going to keep my eye out for the next book in this series!

***This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment