Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Even the Plants Believe

I love working in my garden.  It is one place that I feel God's presence ever so near.  He meets me there.  As I pull weeds I talk to Him.  I ask Him to show me the "weeds" in my life and help me to pull them out of the garden of my heart.  Just like pulling weeds in the garden this can be hard work.  It's not always easy to get those roots that run deep out and if you are not careful to get the weed at the source you can be sure it will come back.  Sometimes after pulling weeds my hands hurt, my back aches and my legs cramp.  Pulling out the weeds that are affecting our spiritual life can be painful as well, but when we get them all out of our hearts I am sure the Master Gardener looks down and smiles just as I do when all the weeds are pulled out of my garden.  

The other day as I was picking the harvest that God has blessed us with. I began to look closely at my plants.  We have went a long time with out rain and as I looked at the bean plants I noticed that every leaf was reaching up towards the heavens.  I began to think of how when the rain is coming the trees turn their leaves toward the heavens as they wait for the heavenly down pour.   I was so moved at this moment.  Even the plants know where their help cometh from!  It was as if they had their hands raised to God above praising him and asking him to send the rain.  

There is so much we can learn from this beautiful world that God created!  Lord I lift my hands to you and praise you and ask you to rain down on me!!   

 Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice.  Psalm 96:12

 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.  Isaiah 55:12


No comments:

Post a Comment