Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Clearing in the Wild - A Book Review

A Clearing in the Wild by Jane Kirkpatrick is the first book in the Change and Cherish Historical Series and is based on a true story.
You'll read about a community searching for refuge and a woman who finds her voice.

The story is set in Bethel, Missouri and the people there seek to live a simple life, but young spirited Emma Wagner does not like the constraints of her culture and wants to be independent.  When her outspoken ways clash with the colony's leader she finds new ways to pursue her dreams of independence.  As she clears a pathway West she discovers something she never expected...a yearning for the warm embrace of community.

I really do love reading historical fiction.  I was intrigued with this book in the beginning since the setting was in my home state and it was based on a true story.  I was highly disappointed.  I found the book extremely boring.  I am not a fan of the Author's writing style and have never been more happy to finish a book.  I don't like giving such negative reviews, but this book just was not for me.

***This book was provided to by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment