Thursday, July 11, 2013

Adoring Addie - A Book Review

Adoring Addie by Leslie Gould is book two in The Courtships of Lancaster County series.  When I read the first book in this series - Courting Cate I was not real impressed with the book and was a little leery of this series, but I decided to give it one more try when I had that opportunity to read Adoring Addie and I am so glad I did. I absolutely loved this book!  It's like an Amish Romeo and Juliet romance and the author Leslie Gould writes the story in such a way that keeps you interested from beginning to end.  There were even a couple places that I laughed out loud!  I love both Addie and Jonathan's characters and the fact that their love is so strong amiss all the obstacles that are in their way makes you root for them all the more.  There was also a surprise twist that was quite clever!  Definitely a good book to add to your library!

About the book:

Addie Cramer's parents are insisting she have a relationship with Phillip.  The only problem is that Addie does not feel the way she thinks she should feel about someone you are to marry.  She has always done everything to please her family and she doesn't want to disappoint them, but when she meets Johnathan Mosier things begin to change.  It is love at first site and despite the on going feud between the Cramer family and the Mosier family, Johnathan and Addie know they must be together.   They decide that their only hope is to reconcile their families, but to do so means they must find out what started the feud to begin with.  Are the secrets that they uncover too much?  Is their love strong enough to keep them together?

***This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment