Thursday, June 12, 2014

The B.T.C. Old Fashioned Grocery Cookbook - A Book Review

An Old Fashioned, "down home cooking" recipe book is a rare thing to find.  I am so excited to share with you The B.T.C. Old Fashioned Grocery Cookbook.  When it comes to cookbooks I do not want some fancy book with recipes that I will never make because I don't even know what half the ingredients are let alone have them on hand.  I want a cookbook that I can use over and over.  One that has real food for real people.  This awesome cookbook has just that!  It is filled with beautiful pictures, great stories and delicious recipes.

The B.T.C. is an Old-Fashioned Grocery in Water Valley, Mississipi.  The locals go there for it's skillet biscuits and sausage gravy breakfasts, it's fried pies and yummy sandwiches.  It's stocked with seasonal produce, local milk and fresh baked bread.  This cookbook shares 120 of the store's best recipes.  Some of my favorites found within the pages are Skillet Biscuits, Banana Bread, Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and Peach Ice Box Pie.  I can't wait to try pretty much all the recipes under the "Southern Sweet Thangs" categories.  I know I will be referring to these recipes for years to come!  It would make a great gift for anyone who loves to cook!


I will note that in my opinion this is more for a stay at home mom/wife who enjoys providing good hardy meals for her family.  I do not think a working woman would benefit from this book as much as those of us who stay at home.

***This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment