Monday, June 2, 2014

The Mix & Match Guide to Companion Planting - A Book Review

Gardening is one of my favorite things to do.  There is just something about getting my hands dirty and being in the fresh air with the sun shining down on me that makes me feel close to God.

In the past few years I have become more aware of organic gardening.  I have researched  the dangers of GMO's and I have been trying to more and more get to a more natural way of gardening.  The Mix & Match Guide to Companion Planting by Josie Jeffery is a great resource that I am sure I will be referring to time and time again in the years ahead.  Within this guide you will find information on an easy and organic way to deter pests, prevent disease, improve flavor and increase yields in your vegetable garden.
It's really rather simple.  By placing the right plants next to each other you can implement and all-natural method of controlling pests, disease and weeds with the need for chemicals in your vegetable and flower gardens.  The book has many colorful pictures and a unique split page mix and match system that will help you choose which vegetables, fruits and herbs that grow best with one another and those which do not.

The first part of the book is filled with general information on gardening that is sure to be a help to even the most experienced of gardeners.  The second part of the book is a divided into three tiers in a "mix and match" set up.  It's really simple to use and very easy to see which plants go best with other plants.  Each plant card has information on when to plant, location, harvest, pests and diseases, recommend cultivators and a few general comments.  I really enjoyed reading about the different plants and learned so much from this great resource book!  I can't wait to try this in my own vegetable garden!




***This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment