Friday, September 14, 2012

Preserving Pressed Flowers

I love pressing flowers in between the pages of books.  Sometimes I even forget they are there, grab a book, open it up and out falls my pressed treasure.  Recently I found these great books at Hobby Lobby.  They are actually water color books for painting and such, but as soon as I seen it I impictured all my pressed flowers among the pages.

Here is what the book looks like.  It came in three different sized and I got the medium size.  I would love to have a large one eventually. :)  You can't really tell by the picture, but the pages are really thick and have torn looking edges.  We used to have a paper maker and the paper reminds me of that.


I decided to try Mod Podge for securing my treasures.  All I had was glossy so I definitely want to get some matte.  I still was very pleased with the outcome.  It kind of "seals" the flower.


Primrose!


A few Herbs


Dogwood


Queen Anne's Lace




No comments:

Post a Comment