Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Garden Joys

I am starting to see the fruit of my labor and I am loving it.  We are having plenty of fresh produce straight from the garden to go with our meals each day!  Tonight I fried up our first zucchini and I've been picking green beans like crazy!  The cucumbers our tasting so yummy and everything in the garden looks so healthy.  The corn looks great and the tomato plants are loaded with green tomatoes.  This year I have been using Epsom Salt on the tomato plants and I really think it is making a difference.  We have caught four raccoons and we know there is at least one more that is out-smarting us, but hopefully we can get him soon too.  I am so happy that the garden is producing so well this year especially since last year was not so great (major raccoon problems that destroyed my entire garden).  

This year I have tried freezing some of my green beans.  This is a first for me and I hope they turn out good.  (I plan on doing a post on the procedure soon)  I've frozen 3 gallon bags so far and I picked so many beans today that I think I'll get the pressure cooker out this week.  The cucumbers are just starting to come on but if my plants produce well I would like to can some relish.  I've never done that before, but I love trying new things and I'm sure it will turn out great!




Lots of Kale!  So easy to grow and so yummy!


Lots of green beans to pick!


My little "field of dreams"!


SUNFLOWERS!!!!  Can't wait till they bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment