Saturday, March 26, 2011

I scream, you scream, we all scream for SNOW cream!

We have snow again and I'm okay with it!  Maybe because, even though they are covered in snow, all the flowers and trees are blooming and giving me a reminder that spring is coming...soon. 

We started the week with warm beautiful weather and ended it with cold, snowy beautiful weather.  Who can complain about that?!   Last I checked we have 5 inches and it's still snowing.  It's a perfect snow for building a snowman and once again it is clinging to all the trees, branches, and anything standing, making it all look like a winter wonderland.  What is prettiest is the forsythia bush all bloomed out in yellow, now covered in a white blanket of snow.  I'm thinking tomorrow will be a perfect photography day.

My nieces are spending the night with us and I discovered that they never had snow cream before.  We quickly remedied that.  We fixed up a huge bowl of delicious snow cream and the smiles on their faces brought a smile to mine.


Everyone always asks me for my recipe and truthfully I don't have a traditional recipe.  I go out and get a big old bowl full of ice cream (make sure it's clean)  add a can of evaporated milk, some sugar and vanilla till it tastes right.  You just stir or blend that until it has the right consistency!  It is deelish!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sheila,
    What state do you live in? I have a Facebook friend who lives in Georgia and Saturday they were expecting five inches of snow. I live in Tennessee and was hoping all that was over but it sleeted here tonight and is expected in the morning too. I also have blooming bushes and planted a few flowers that hopefully won't be bothered by this weather. I also planted my first raised garden bed a week ago on Sunday. I have it covered for safe keeping. If we can just get through the week it's supposed to be back up in the 70's by the weekend. That snow cream looks good! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie! I live in Missouri. One thing I like about snow this time of year is that it melts fast! Alot of our flowers and bushes are blooming too and I hope this weather doesn't hurt them. We had a deep freeze the night it snowed. :( It's soposed to snow again tomorrow but by Sunday it's soposed to be in the 70's lol. What did you plant in your raised bed? I'd like to do a raised be of herbs!

    ReplyDelete